23 September 2009

Rachel's Cape

I finally got my sewing stuff organized enough to be able to work on a project! This is a big accomplishment, I think we should all take a moment and clap for me!!! :)
I found this super sweet piece of fabric at my grandma's house while cleaning it out and, though I had no idea what I could do it with it, took it home and have been storing it for 3 years waiting for the perfect project - Rachel's cape!
I didn't use a pattern, and it's far from perfect but I love the colors and the swing that it has. It's a bit long for Rachel, but I figure she'll grow (she better, she's only 1 and, though tall for her age, not all that tall compared to the rest of the world) and it will fit great when she's 2 or 3. She won't leave it on for more then a minute right now anway (she prefers her drum and purse, as seen in the pictures).
I tried to take a few pictures, but my little camera loving girl wouldn't stay still for me to get a good one of her back with the cape. But, here are a few for you to enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I am clapping for you! I love sewing and am glad to see you do too. What are the plans for Halloween? Sorry about your pumpkin, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment is from me, Gretel. I guess Sydney was signed on before me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!! I love her white blond hair. We are hoping we can come out to UT sometime in the spring. I would love to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete