09 September 2009
Library adventures
Yesterday we went to the Provo library for their weekly storytime. We ran into a few friends who also were going to storytime, but Sarah's friends were going to be going to the "big kids storytime". There is a special room, with a special, little, green door that all the kids 3 and older (we just rounded up for my almost 3 year old Sarah) get to go into and have storytime all by themselves - no parents! Sarah was nervous, I could tell by the thumb sucking and hair twirling, but followed Jaron and Corbin into the room. Rachel and I went over to the storytime circle and had a great time learning about A-for Alligators. After it was over, they rang the bell signaling that the big-kids storytime was also done and they were letting the kids out. I worked my way over there to find a sea of big and little people, but no Sarah. I saw Jaron meet his mommy. I saw Corbin find his mommy. But Sarah was gone. Now, I have to take a moment to say that Sarah is not the kind of child that wanders away from me, especially when there are lots of people around. Even in our house, she likes to be in the same room as me. So, when Sarah wasn't waiting for me outside of the little room, I got worried. I wandered around, searching for my little blondie through the seas of people. As the crowds thinned, I began becoming more worried, checking the storytime room to see if she was hiding in there. The storyteller got details on my missing child and alerted the library security. My friends that were still there started helping me search. I started crying. Then, the security guard found her! She had followed someone else's legs into the adult section of the library and was picked up by the security guard. Sarah saw me crying, got scared and started crying too! But, all is well and she is safe and sound with me again. We've had some talks about where to wait after storytime from now on! And to top it off, we forgot to put a DVD in the case we returned and I spilled something on a book and had to pay a big fine for it and buy it. Hopefully next week will be better at the library :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I'm so sorry that you had to be so worried! Don't you love the days that you feel completely defeated and like all you were trying to do was something nice?! Ha ha, fortunately those days aren't that frequent. So, my faithful, (but not obsessive ;) checking of your blog every once in awhile has paid off! I was thinking about you the other day and how much I miss you! So, know that you're missed, and if you ever want to vacation in Charlottesville, VA you have friends who want to see you! (It is actually a cool place, and close to big cool places, too.)
ReplyDelete