
As part of my motivation to help Sarah get potty-trained, Nathan promised to take me to The Roof. It's a resturant on the top of the Joseph Smith building overlooking the SLC temple. We went there with Kim and Pat, taking a business acquaintance too several year ago. Since then, it has been my dream-date location. So, I borrowed a fun dress from a friend, curled my hair all fancy, and we drove up to SLC to have dinner while Kira watched our girls.
The Roof is beautiful. They have a beautiful buffet with fancy salads, clam chowder, cheeses, several meat dishes like chicken cord-en-bleu and peppered steak, and (my favorite part) a gorgeous dessert buffet. I had creme brulee, cheese cake, chocolate mousse, key lime tart, flaun, a chocolate truffle, and maybe more that I can't remember right now. I don't think I could have eaten another bite without exploding! Nathan had more self-control and didn't even taste the desserts - what a man! It was just wonderful!
The Roof is beautiful. They have a beautiful buffet with fancy salads, clam chowder, cheeses, several meat dishes like chicken cord-en-bleu and peppered steak, and (my favorite part) a gorgeous dessert buffet. I had creme brulee, cheese cake, chocolate mousse, key lime tart, flaun, a chocolate truffle, and maybe more that I can't remember right now. I don't think I could have eaten another bite without exploding! Nathan had more self-control and didn't even taste the desserts - what a man! It was just wonderful!
What pretty pictures! I think it is so awesome that you tried all those desserts. I totally would have wanted to do that too, so if I ever go to The Roof I am taking you with me so we can eat every single dessert offered. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! You looked great and it must have been a nice night out!
ReplyDeleteI love that you got the reward for doing the potty training! I think I should do that too! :) The Roof is where we got engaged-- kinda cheesy but was fun. You look awesome, by the way! :)
ReplyDeleteYou don't look a day out of college, don't tell me you're almost thirty! So glad you're doing a blog, it's fun to catch up.
ReplyDelete