05 April 2010

U of U


Nathan got accepted to the University of Utah's PhD of Political Science program! He's being offered an "assistance-ship" of full tuition plus a yearly stipend and in return he has to TA and maybe eventually teach some classes. We're not sure what our plans are, either for him to commute to SLC, we could move to on-campus housing, or possibly move to his grandma's house in west SLC. It's all up in the air right now but we're super excited for this new direction in Nathan's career.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is HUGE news. I am so thrilled for you. Good job Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got my congratulatory text message, but if not, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is so exciting, and it has the added benefit of giving me hope for our own future since we haven't heard anything positive back yet. Good job Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOON HOO! That is wonderful news. I always thought that Nate would make a great professor. He really likes elbow patchs. And not that my advice counts but.... When I worked in West Jordan adn lived in Provo, I commuted everyday and I HATED IT. I think yall might enjoy his time there more, if you lived close to the U. CONGRATS again! Now we can start calling him Dr. Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's AWESOME! Congratulations! I'm so glad for you guys, and that he gets full tuition and job opportunities! (Oh the nice perks of a PhD!) Yay for you guys!

    ReplyDelete