I know what you're thinking, I was thinking the same thing when I heard that Provo Utah had wetlands - What??? that's crazy, Utah is a desert! But I guess there were some wetlands in Provo till the Provo Town Center was built and they destroyed them for a lot of teeny-bopper clothing stores and a movie theater. But, they did set up a wetlands area near the mountains in Bicentennial park. We saw a river otter (but Nathan says it may have been a ferret, I like river otter better!), lots of little fish, frogs, water-skeeters, and most of all mosquitoes.
We even tried to identify a few plants.

Then we ran from the mosquitoes and found a nice playground, with relatively few blood-suckers, and enjoyed the rest of the evening.
swings...

toys...

climbing together...

Sarah my brave little monkey..

and Rachel my brave little monkey with her not so brave Daddy stayed right by her in case she let go!
Wet lands??? Are you sure they just didn't put a fancy name on a swamp? That is what Louisianna did. )
ReplyDeleteWow, I had no idea there were wetlands...sounds fun, except for the mosquitos!
ReplyDelete